Robert E. McFadden, P.E.
Thirty four years of domestic and international experience with the management of a broad range of pipeline, oil and gas, fiber optic and associated facilities projects. Served as President of Universal Ensco, Inc. from October, 1999 to December of 2005, prior to that time worked for eighteen years in various positions from Project Manager to Vice President/Business Unit Director. Responsibilities have included all phases of project execution including conceptual layout, cost estimating, engineering design, direction of surveys, permitting, right-of-way acquisition, drafting, material specification and procurement, contract preparation, solicitation and evaluation of bids, contract negotiations, construction supervision, litigation management and expert testimony. Served as Vice President of Houston Operations for Energy Management and Services Co. from March of 2006 through August of 2007. Formed REM Pipeline Consultants, LLC in September, 2007.
Career highlights include:
- President of REM Pipeline Consultants, LLC providing Strategic, Management and Support Services for pipeline and related facilities.
- President and Chief Operating Officer of a major pipeline engineering firm. Managed fifteen Business Units with as many as 800 employees encompassing all phases of project management, engineering, survey, drafting, design, quality assurance, safety, construction management, inspection services and GPS equipment rental for Pipelines, Compressor Stations, Pump Stations, Tank Farms, Underground Storage Fields, Production Facilities, Gathering Systems, Metering, SCADA and related facilities. Developed and implemented successful strategies to facilitate growth and maintain continuous profitability through volatile market conditions.
- Traveled to twenty foreign countries on five continents to develop business, negotiate contracts and review ongoing operations.
- Directed and managed the process of obtaining ISO 9001 certification for all of company’s work product processes.
- Directed project oversight for engineering of the Turkish portion of the Baku Ceyhan crude oil pipeline project.
- Presented a paper to an Underground Gas Storage Symposium held at the Dagon Oil Field in China in conjunction with Design Supervision of the 4000 Km West to East Pipeline.
- Managed several litigations to successful conclusions/settlements.
- Provided expert witness services and testimony for pipeline related suits, arbitrations and mediations.
- Project Director for development of a major pipeline project to carry natural gas from Egypt to markets in Jordan. Project included a crossing of the Gulf of Aqaba in 3,000 feet of water.
- Project Director for numerous offshore pipelines, risers, subsea taps and subsea tie-ins including complete project management, design, MMS permitting, procurement, contractor selection and construction management in depths ranging from 10 fsw to 300 fsw.
- Project Manager for the detailed engineering design for a Formosa Plastics Corporation multiple pipeline installation. The project installed twenty-five product and gas pipelines in a common ditch along a four-mile long, restricted width corridor to a docking facility.
- Project Director for alliance contracts with several major international energy companies. Projects performed include numerous crude oil, products and natural gas pipelines, pump stations, compressor stations and other facilities as well as planning and project implementation assistance for domestic and foreign pipeline system projects.
- Project Management for numerous pipeline and fiber optic river crossings. These include five pipeline crossings and three fiber optic cable crossings of the Mississippi River; crossing of Lake Sakakawea, and various large and small lakes and rivers. Crossings have been installed by conventional dredging including shore approach design and by horizontal directional drilling.
- Project Director for CNG Transmission Corporation 8000 HP electric drive grass roots compressor station design, 49,000 HP Enron Bammel Station, and 12,000 HP Enron Gallup Station designs.
- Project Director for a pipeline engineering operation in Thailand, which furnished services to the Petroleum Authority of Thailand. This operation provided surveying, engineering design and construction management services for a variety of facilities including pipelines, metering and regulating stations, SCADA and fiber optics based communications systems.
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Louisiana Tech University, 1974
Registration and Professional and Civic Organizations:
Professional Engineer Texas Registration No. 99488
Member US Department of Commerce District Export Council
Member American Society of Civil Engineers
Member Board of Directors and Executive Committee YMCA of Greater Houston
Member Houston Pipeliner's Club
Contact Robert E. McFadden -